Amazon Prime Day began at midnight PST (actually, there have been deals all weekend, but the big ones are supposed to be over the next two days), and if you were thinking you might check out some of the deals and find some items to upgrade or spruce up the house, we’ve taken a gander for you.
We’re nice like that. It has nothing to do with the fact that we were also looking for the same thing. At all.
At any rate, if you’re not the type to sit and refresh for the deals that continually update all day (and let’s face it, none of us actually have the time, we just get sucked in and make the time), the first thing you can look at is the handy list that Amazon provided of all of their deals to be had.
- Save up to 30% on select Classic Brands Mattresses
- Save up to 30% on select Furniture, Mattresses, and Area Rugs
- Save up to 30% on select Ashley Mattresses and Furniture
- Save up to 30% on select Linenspa Mattresses
- Save on iRobot Roomba robotic vacuums
- Save on Dyson vacuums and air purifiers
- Save on Cricut cutting machines and accessories
- Save on Linenspa mattress toppers
- Save on Levoit air purifiers
- Save on SodastreamSparkling Water Machines
- Save on Vitamix Blenders and Accessories
- Save on Rachael Ray Bakeware
- Save 30% on select Moen Products
- Save 20% on Insinkerator Garbage Disposals
- Save up to 20% off on Toto Products
- Save 30% on Lutron Smart Dimmer Starter Kit
- Save 28% on Caseta Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch
- Save 32% on Furbo Dog Camera
- Save up to 55% on Tp-Link Switch & Dot Bundle
- Save up to 30% on Netgear routers
- Save 10% on FirstBuild Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- Save 10% on NewAir 126 Can Beverage Center
- Save 20% on Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler
Tools and Lawn and Garden
- Save up to 30% on select BLACK+DECKER products
- Save 30% on the Westinghouse Inverter Generator
- Save up to 50% on Firepits by Endless Summer
- Save 36% on the Sun Joe SPX2598 Pressure Washer
Amazon also says its Treasure Truck will also have plenty of deals. Never heard of it? Basically, it’s like a lightning deal you can pick up that day from a specific location. Amazon says that there will be deals for more than 20 percent off several items, including the Ecovacs Robotic Vacuum and Lenovo Smart Tablet.
Now, a word about lightning deals. Last year, I tried to get in on some of them, and Amazon had some malfunctions that gave me a very sad puppy. Seriously, the error message was a puppy.
But when the site is ready for the traffic Prime Day generates (and hopefully this year they are), it can be hard to hop on a really great lightning deal before the product is gone. So some suggestions:
Head to the site, and go to Today’s Deals. Find what you want, and then choose “watch this deal,” and you’ll get notified when a deal is a go. Worried the deal isn’t a deal? Set up an Amazon wish list of all the products you’re following, and then head to CamelCamelCamel.com, where you can import your entire list and it will research it for you.
And a heads up: Make sure you’re buying from reliable vendors. Look for reviews from verified purchasers, and if a deal looks absolutely too good to be true, skip it. Like everything else, scammers have found a way to scam on Amazon, too, and they take advantage of people on Prime Day who are looking for steals and might not be discriminating enough.
So what do you have your eye on?