Glenn Beck is Moving to Vaquero: Check Out His New 7,000 Square Foot Crib!

Here’s some Dallas and Tarrant County Real estate news you may or may not like. Entertainer Glenn Beck may be on his way to Texas, to actually live here. And what better place for the controversial, former Fox radio and television host, author, entrepreneur, and political commentator who hosts the Glenn Beck Program, and  Glenn Beck on Fox News Channel,  author of six New York Times-bestselling books, and founder and CEO of Mercury Radio Arts, to settle than the tony, upscale, and uber private gated community of Vaquero smack dab next to D/FW Airport? Sources have told CandysDirt that Beck has leased the $3,900,000 listed home of Jorge & Vanessa Piedra (she is a Swarovski heiress as in the crystal, he is a major league ballplayer who’s had some “issues” and was last with the Florida Marlins). The home they are renting is at 2208 Vaquero Estates Boulevard. The Piedra home has been on the market since August, 2009, and originally listed for $5,400,000. The price was lowered to $3,900,000 and then put in the rental pool for $20,000 a month, which is actually more than the original lease offer of $15,000. It’s that kind of market, I guess, where you lower selling prices but can increase the monthly lease. In fact, as of 6/26 the behemoth home was for lease for just 59 days where it had been on the sales market for 351 days. Jeepers!

Anyhow, here is what Glenn and his wife, Tania, are getting: 7904 square feet, four car garage, almost two acres of land (1.7ish), a Hill Country styled house, La Cornue stove, master retreat with a relaxation room, study, steam shower, limestone, hardwoods, travertine, 7 bedrooms, 7.5 baths, both sun and exercise rooms, a guest house with living, bedroom, bath, and of course a pool. And if he decides he likes it so much he wants to buy, seller financing is even available and Glenn, do get Vanessa to throw in some crystal. I’ll come negotiate for you!

Last April, Beck announced he would “transition off of his daily program” on Fox News. According to Bud Kennedy at the Fort Worth Star -Telegram, Beck told our governor Rick Perry that he might move to Texas and might even run for governor. I heard yesterday that Perry’s senior staff is SERIOUSLY exploring the presidential opportunity, seeking money, and perhaps Beck’s presence in Texas might help? Beck did joke with Perry about incentives for moving his 150-employee strong company, Mercury Radio Arts, to Texas:

“I’ll move my company to Texas, but I need you to give me zero income tax — do you see what I’m saying?”

So what can I say besides welcome to Texas, Glenn and Tania Beck?

What do you say?

2208 Vaquero Estates Boulevard

Editor’s note: Your daffy RE reporter here was in such a hurry to post, I clicked on the wrong listing — corrected now, thanks to my eagle-eyed commenters. Keep me on my toes!

Posted in

Comments

1. Dallas Realtor says

Candy I'm so glad you called him an "entertainer", since calling him a "journalist" could border on ridiculous. At least ol' Glenn will be in the right area, near the now-infamous Southwest Airlines pilot in Argyle.

2. Dallas Realtor says

3. barbara says

It's good! He's solvent,moral, and contributes to our bottom line here in Texas! And obviously smart,as he opted to live here. I realize he's controversial,but who can afford to be a "hater" these days.

4. barbara says

5. Robert Lowery says

I have debated with myself over the years whether Mr. Beck is on the level, or is he some sort of modern day Elmer Gantry. Regardless, appears he will need to hire someone to scrub the driveway clean. . .wonder how much I should put my bid in for?

6. Robert Lowery says

7. Jennifer says

Oh Candy – you have a progressive on this board throwing up at the thought of Glen Beck in the DFW area & that he'd be a subject of a post.

8. Jennifer says

I don't know what to think of it either. Let me put it this way. I sent the link off to one of my national editors and said, "this is rather embarrasing". He replied, "We have Hollywood."

11. 4EVRAPATRIOT says

I think it is wonderful. Sounds like a breath of fresh air, and I did not realize there were so many snobs/liberals in the Dallas -Fort Worth area. I am so sorry for the muckety mucks Glenn, a lot of us in Texas are happy you are coming! Many of us are pro America!

12. 4EVRAPATRIOT says

• Kevin says

Smack dab next to DFW? It's at least 10 miles away. Cant say that I blame him for getting the heck out of NYC for many reasons. Best wishes in TX! He'd love eating at Babe's in Roanoke and the NASCAR events at TMS.

• ddo says

Most probably so (don't know about NASCAR but all our food is great in DFW), but I bet he'll utilize a lot of our more cultural resources as well. He's very well read – probably has read more than both you and I together.

• Kevin says

• ddo says

• Homesick, Native Texan says

So, Beck moves there before I get back home, argh!
      Yeah, once again, "God blessed Texas!" and I am very honored that Beck chose Texas, but then he sees what we all know–when the dollar completely crashes and the "flash mobs" that the uber-libs are surely organizing, inciting them to this, covertly at the moment….TEXAS will be one of the safest places to be since TEXAS has the common-sense to allow for self-defense.

Glenn, I'm heading home asap, and dang glad to share our "sacred soil," grin….with you and yours, seriously and sincerely.

NO journalist has provided more proof of their claims than Beck has, day after month, or "did" on his FOX tv show. "They" hate him without cause, surely many gnashed their teeth every time he gave us screen shots of the uberLibs' paper trails, or put up yet another video of "them" spewing their insanity and contempt for we conservatives.

God bless Beck as He has blessed our state!
      Karen~

• Homesick, Native Texan says

So, Beck moves there before I get back home, argh!

God bless Beck as He has blessed our state!
      Karen~

13. Susan says

Thank God Glenn and his family are moving to Texas!!! I only wish they were moving here to Austin instead! Thank you, Glenn, for gracing our State with making this your home!!!! *Susan*

14. Susan says

15. Bud says

Welcome to Texas, Glenn. You will certainly love it here.

This report made it sound as if Governor Perry was giving Glenn something or promising him some sort of shady deal to move to Texas by not charging him state income taxes. For tbe record and to finish the story- We all get that deal!

16. Bud says

Welcome to Texas, Glenn. You will certainly love it here.