Friday Five Hundred: What Does $500K Buy in Old Shepherd Place? Pecan Hardwoods and Interior Upgrades to the Nth Degree in Plano

I am told this is one of the most unusual homes in Plano. 5212 Blackhawk Drive, Plano, marketed by Sandy Donsky. (Not Scott Vann as I noted earlier, however, he is the brilliant agent who brought the home to my attention!) Custom built in 1989, it is a one owner home with significant upgrades — do not let that ordinary exterior fool you! You get 3549 square feet, five giant bedrooms, four and a half baths, formals, patio, three car garage, huge yard. There is no pool but plenty of room for one. I think the interiors are so lovely, and so different from most of the homes of this baby’s vintage. Here are some of the extras:

• Pecan hardwood floors. The most beautiful floors I’ve ever seen.
  • Gourmet kitchen.
  • Six-burner Viking gas range.
  • Thermador double ovens.
  • Granite counter tops.
  • Master bathroom recently updated.
  • Carerra marble.
  • Garden tub
  • Master Suite down stairs
  • Guest bedroom downstairs could also be an office.
  • Large room upstairs with its own full bath and walk in closet could be used as a second master, game room, or media room.
  • Backyard large enough to have a pool installed and still have green space left over.
  • Cabana half bath on the back patio.
  • Great location on Old Shepherd Place

The asking price is $519,500.  HOA dues $500 a year. Really interesting to compare this with last Friday’s home.

Comments

1. Cody Farris says

Really sharp for anyone looking in Collin County. Sophisticated, and a relief to see some lighter rooms in a home of this age. The owners have done a really nice job with it. I'm scheduling a showing!

2. Cody Farris says

3. John Evans says

My wife and I are moving to Texas from New York and we looked at this house and it blew us away; sophisticated, open, refined and full of light. Brilliant job and essentially a move in home. We are only sorry it is not in a location that is good for us, as my job is in McKinney, and what we have seen in Frisco and the North Plano and McKinney area is of no comparison.

I felt compelled to write this because we have never seen anything like it and just wanted to let folks know just how wonderful it is; they even put a half bathroom outdoors for anyone who wishes to put in a pool!

4. John Evans says

5. John Evans says

Thank you for your interest but I shy away from interviews.

I only posted this because we were so stunned by the elegance and the presentation of the home and thought that folks who were looking for this location should really take a good look at it because of its style, grace and presentation. It is really in move in condition.

6. John Evans says

Thank you for your interest but I shy away from interviews.