Friday Five Hundred: Updated Ranch Backs to the New Northaven Trail, Pride and Joy of Dallas Parks

You know, the Katy Trail is no longer the only hot trail in town. Here’s a pretty home on Northaven and backing up to the Oncor Power lines, but keep in mind that statement has a new meaning! The City of Dallas Parks and Recreation just completed the Northaven Trail right behind this house, and already it is a huge hit.  The trail will link White Rock Creek Greenbelt, Royal Park and the Elm Fork Greenbelt. It will connect with the existing White Rock Creek Greenbelt Trail and the proposed Elm Fork Trail. The trail will also connect several public and private schools, churches, and a YMCA at a total length of 9.4 miles.

So the trail is behind this updated ranch at 6114 Northaven Road. Do not worry about a busy street situation: Northaven has speed bumps in this block. You are several homes off Preston. The home has been beautifully updated in every corner. Yes, Virginia, there are high ceilings! Also granite, travertine, and sleek tiles so you would never know she was born in 1953. The kitchen is Mr. Wolf and Mr. Viking, with granite counters and new cabinets, hand scraped wood floors plus travertine, great master bath suite,  three bedrooms, two and a half baths, formals, two car garage, carport and gate on a .5 acre wooded lot with huge trees,. Asking $549,000 and, in my opine, well priced!

Question: what do you think of the stucco slurry over brick? I am seeing a lot of it in ’50s and ’60s ranch remodels…

Comments

1. nancy guerriero says

We just sold to a wonderful family who is remodeling on Lavendale !! Right on the trail! We have other friends and clients who live on TIBBS on the trail! IT IS FANTASTIC!!!! I live on the Katy trail and it is making values go up as well!! Dallas is growing in the right way…best
    Nancy Guerriero

2. nancy guerriero says

Nancy Guerriero

• Scott Vann says

Just re-read my post. Dear Lord, I need to edit before I hit enter. I'm guessing once it's on it isn't coming off unless you take the brick off too. 🙁

• Scott Vann says

3. Cheryl says

Loved the open layout and that kitchen has the WOW factor. Love that backyard and the added carport. If you don't need it to park vehicles, it would be a great outdoor place for the kids to play when it's raining or if it's a blazing August afternoon. That grassy area in the unshaded portion of the backyard is screaming for a splash pool IMO. Given the size of the lot, the extensive remodeling and the location, that price is really good, with or without the stucco. 🙂 (I'm not a fan of stucco either. I'd rather paint the brick)

4. Cheryl says