This Northwood Hills Home’s Interior is Better Than Sex! Dallas Real Estate News, Candy Sale of the Week $849K

I may be a little carried away here, but I almost — screamed — when I saw this master bath at 13915 Carillon Drive listed by cute Jacqui Bloomquist with Coldwell Banker. You. Have. Got. To. See. It. I’ll just say it — orgasmic, OK?  Totally over the top loaded in the best way. This home is in a collection by a builder (Kettering Ideas) I am watching with interest — he is remodelling a home down the street from me, stay tuned for all the deets. Confessions of a house addict: I feel the building bug coming on again — it’s been eleven years! — and this time I want to take on a ranch. Downsize a bit, but make the interiors just knock your socks off when you walk in that front door.

Basically, this builder goes in and remodels ranches, but guts the place to the studs, adding in high-quality insulation and a long list of green features, including spray foam insulation, high SEER HVAC, new plumbing and mechanical. I am really liking the progress on Northaven, too.

Carillon is loaded with natural woods and stone, such as cedar framed windows and doors, cedar beams, and sleek white oak flooring throughout the main living areas. Mmmmmm. Focal point of the enormous family, dining and living rooms is the dual-sided stacked stone ‘FIRE AND ICE’ fireplace with crushed glass and gas flame. Spectacular kitchen features custom concrete counter tops, cabinets, stainless steel apron Farm sink (I WANT ONE!), top line appliances, and a walk in pantry.

Let me guess: these appliances came from Capital Distributing, yes?

Now for the Master Suite — I am just moving right in with my Duxiana, I hope the homeowners no longer live here. Large sitting area overlooks the courtyard with double French doors, and you can see that Torchlight fireplace from both Master and Sitting Area. Good. I am not a fan of fireplaces in the bedroom. I know they are romantic but in winter they can really get cold.

Then there’s the bath. Oh my God. Joan Crawford will rise from the grave. Seamless glass walk-in shower with dual sprays, soaker tub (I am SUCH a tub whore, and I think you can still see the fireplace from the tub), solid maple cabinets and everywhere, gorgeous travertine plus custom lighting.

There’s 4412 square feet total, 5 bedrooms, 4 and a half baths, a gameroom, media room, “Owner’s Foyer” (WTF???) a few other bedrooms and baths.

But I really don’t care. For $849,900 I’ll take that master bathroom. I’m in love. It’s gorgeous, but you can have the rest of the house.

OK, so Jacqui, girlfriend tell me: what is an “Owners Foyer”?

Comments

1. Amazed says

What a shame that such an incredible property is presented so poorly. Those amateur photos wouldn't show off a terrible house well. It's so upsetting that some agents won't spend the $100 or so, which is nothing, to present a property in its best light. Kudos to all of them that do.

2. Amazed says

3. IN LOVE! says

Yummmy! Want it NOW! From what I can tell the home shows an excellent use of space and check out those high ceilings and small windows in the living and dining rooms. Crazy Good! The KITCHEN is my Favorite Room. What is wrong with the pics? Better than alot of other ones out there for sure. Keep us posted on this one please!

4. IN LOVE! says

5. David says

@ Amazed~ nobody wants your opinion! If we did it would be on a topic such as, how to be an idiot and a burden on society! Quite frankly you couldn’t do any better on this! So keep you opinion to yourself and go sit back on the couch and eat your doritos! Leave the Real estate to the competent professionals!

6. David says

7. Amazed says

@David – I'll go eat my Doritos, but at least I would get off the couch to take my pictures with my cheap camera. Looks like you barely put forth any effort at all. Good thing the house looks good enough that you can't ruin it with your mediocre standards of service.

8. Amazed says

9. Julie Bridge says

What a beautiful home! Jacqui, your pictures are excellent and show the best aspects of this house….keep up the great work!

10. Julie Bridge says