Almost All Real Estate Search Now Starts on the Internet

Wow. In seven short years we have gone from 71% of buyers seeking properties on the web to a full 99%. The sharp agents now are also posting homes on Google, FaceBook, YouTube and Twitter. And internet advertising is a fraction of what it costs to advertise in magazines and newspapers. Plus it saves trees!

Comments

1. Justin says

I believe it. But what I don't believe is that agents/brokers still think that any of these buyers will actually find them on the Web because theyhave a website. JOKE! That might account for the 1%….

2. Justin says

3. Steve says

Hi Candy… Thanks for helping to spread the word! And don't forget that Blogs are a growing part of that Internet statistic! It's not just about agent or broker websites anymore.

4. Steve says

5. Jeff Duffey says

Candy – Any statistic NAR posts is typically about 3-5 years behind the times. I think I may have even told you at our first lunch YEARS ago that 100% of my clients start their search online. This was back in 2003 or 2004. The real estate industry leaders are always lagging behind what's current in the market place. It's counterintuitive, but it's the truth.

6. Jeff Duffey says