Open House, Fairview: Your Own Estate and Nature Preserve for Under $2,000,000

Let’s face it: you just get so much more value when you buy north. Even the names of the streets are better: who would not want to live on a street called Circle In The Woods?

941 Circle in the Woods is a four-level, almost 9,600 square foot Bavarian estate on a terraced hillside adjoining a wooded 600-acre nature preserve north of Dallas. The gated grounds include 2 acres of English gardens, a beautiful pool and spa, fountains and almost complete privacy. Inspired by Germany’s Kronberg Castle, the home begins with a breath-taking two-story entry, a magnificent formal living room with a cathedral-like 30-foot beamed ceiling to the right, four large imported German chandeliers, an exquisite fireplace and French doors with views of the never-ending charming English gardens. To the left is the VERY formal dining room, more windows and seeded-glass panes. A butler’s pantry,  almost commercial kitchen, and family room with high-tech touches and more floor-to-ceiling windows. Over on the east wing is a master suite you have to see to believe,  a guest suite and two utility rooms. The home has 6 bedrooms, 6 baths and two half-baths. On the second level is a turret-shaped library, a central family upper family room, three secondary bedrooms, all suites, and full quarters with a private entrance. Venture up to the third floor for more space offering expansive views of the forested nature preserve. The stairs or elevator take you down to more flex space and a climate-controlled wine cellar. Don’t let the square footage scare you: Geothermal powered heating, cooling and hot water will keep bills so low you will think no one is washing. What’s funny is the home has a fortress-like security system, but in Frisco’s Fairview, crime is practically non-existent. People are moving up here for the home value, safety, and the schools — top-rated Lovejoy School System. Plus Watters Creek is one of the most luxurious shopping centers in the nation, on a par with Highland Park Village and NorthPark Center. Asking: $1,995,000.

After all, this was the neighborhood that In N Out Burger chose for their very first store in Texas. 941 Circle in the Woods, Frisco,  is open Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. After that, we are off to In N Out…

Comments

1. Ronda Needham says

Candy, thanks so much for the PR but the open house is scheduled for 1-3 Sunday if you can get that correction in. Hope you'll be able to come out too!

2. Ronda Needham says

I swear my brain is more muddled than a Mojito! I totally meant Fairview but Frisco just came out. Totally different parts of North Texas — thanks all for pointing this out!

5. DGirl says

Candy,

You had me until you called Watter’s Creek “one of the most luxurious shopping centers in the nation, on a par with Highland Park Village and NorthPark Center.” Seriously? Charming Charlie and Francesca’s are “on par” with Neiman’s, Barneys, Hermes, Chanel, etc?

6. DGirl says

Candy,

Hi DGirl! Maybe I exaggerated, ya think? But I really like Watters Creek and it is home to only one of six signature Le Creuset stores in the country — I do not mean the outlet store in Allen. Fairview is like another Highland Park as far as net income, and this area also has a Gold Class Cinema.

But no, you are right, NorthPark Center will always have the very best couture anywhere. Sigh. You know, I don't even shop much in other cities now (except I have to hit Bloomies in San Fran) outside of NYC because we have the best shopping in the world here.

I popped up to check out the Open House this afternoon and could not believe the hill this home is built on! Four stories! Give me a glass of wine and tell me I am in the Hill Country, I might believe you!

11. Page Lupton says

You don't get shot or mugged at Watters Creek or up in Allen, safety from crime: that's why so many people are moving there.

12. Page Lupton says

• Bcrawford says

Page,
      You can get shot or mugged anywhere. Yes even in Plano, Allen, Frisco, and Mckinney. Crazy people aren't limited to just Dallas Proper.

• Bcrawford says

Page,

13. DGirl says

Bcrawford, So true! I do believe I read about 3 shootings in Frisco within a few days this summer. Suburbanites shouldn’t live in fear, but it’s foolish to think crime (violent crime included) can’t happen there. Heck, the panhandling at the gas station at Park & the Tolload in West Plano rivals the Oak Lawn exit from 35S!!

14. DGirl says