You know we get jaded here at CandysDirt.com. We see it all, from the incredible to the insane, from the gorgeous luxury villa to the gaudy, overly personalized mansion. It takes something special to make it to Monday Morning Millionaire status. This Bluffview custom estate fits the bill on every level — and then some.
Luxury homes all have certain things in common— a lot of square footage (this one has 6,060 square feet), designer finishes, plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms (this fits right in at five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and one powder bath). A gourmet kitchen is a given, as is a huge master closet, media room, home gym, Control 4 smart automation, a safe room, a gorgeous pool, and an outdoor kitchen. This home is checking all the necessary luxury boxes so let’s get to what makes it a real stand out.
- That gorgeous custom ironwork for the stairs and bridge railings has child gates. If you have kids and are purchasing in the luxury category, your home should not have to suffer the indignity of those dreadful, tacky, wood-and-plastic baby gates that even the dog can figure out how to get past. Beautiful child gates should be a requirement.
- This Bluffview custom estate has an essential feature for me, and especially for Candy and her golden doodle Bree — a dog shower just off of the dog run, conveniently located in the laundry room. And drying racks. If you have ever bathed a large dog, you’ll appreciate the brilliance of this design.
- The sports court. It’s becoming a necessity, yet so many luxury homes lack these. You don’t have to be a pro; the whole family loves a sports court.
- Safe rooms. Plural. Nothing beats a hidden room. This home has two. You’ll have to see the house because I’m not telling!
- Last, but not least — time is marching on, and we are not going to be oil-dependent forever. I bet you’ve guessed it. The three-car garage has a Tesla plug!
For our new to Dallas readers trying to find not just a great luxury property, but also a beautiful neighborhood, Bluffview is hard to beat. It’s filled with mature trees, cliffs, creeks, and gently rolling hills. You’d never believe it’s ten minutes in one direction to Love Field and in another to the Arts District — well if you drive as I do.
It’s home to politicians, CEOs, recording artists, and according to Candy, one particular house here has been the preferred rental abode of celebrities from Stevie Nicks to Paul McCartney.
Dallas is full of gorgeous homes, but it’s rare to find one this well thought out. And for $2.295 million, that’s frankly a great price.
Karen Eubank is the owner of Eubank Staging and Design. She has been an award-winning professional home stager for more than 25 years. She’s been a professional writer for 20 years. Karen is the mother of a son who’s studying music at The University of Miami. An ardent animal lover, she doesn’t mind one bit if your fur baby jumps right into her lap. Find Karen at www.eubankstaging.com