Friday Five Hundred: Get Top-of-The Line Without Paying Through The Teeth With This Texas Traditional

With a wrap-around front porch and expansive lot, 10455 Countess Drive feels secluded and private.

Sparkman Club Estates is a really great part of Preston Hollow. There’s a lot of high-quality new construction, and you’re close to great shopping and tons of sought-after private school campuses. The lots are pretty sizable, too, and properties on corner lots such as 10455 Countess Drive just seem gigantic. Add in the wrap-around front porch, and this home is perfect for a family!

10455 Countess Drive also features a covered rear patio.

With nearly 4,200 square feet, you can fit a family of five pretty darn comfortably in 10455 Countess Drive. This custom-built Texas Andersen home has five bedrooms and three-and-a-half baths, and a three-car garage. There are scraped hardwoods throughout, too, as well as plantation shutters.

Modern finishes make this kitchen a welcoming place, and I love the two-tone cabinets.

The kitchen is amazing, with tons of granite along with custom cabinets and stainless steel appliances. And it’s open to the rest of the home, too, so you don’t have to feel isolated when you’re whipping up dinner.

This home also has one of my favorite features: a downstairs master bedroom. That’s perfect for families with older children!

And it’s a great value at $575,000, down from $599,000! I’m sure it’ll get snapped up fast!

Joanna England

If Executive Editor Joanna England could house hunt forever, she absolutely would. Instead she covers the North Texas housing market and the economy for CandysDirt.com. While she started out with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, Joanna's work has appeared in The Dallas Morning News as well as several local media outlets. When she's not knitting or hooping, or enjoying White Rock Lake, she's behind the lens of her camera. She lives in East Dallas with her husband, son, and their furry and feathered menagerie.

Comments

1. mmJoanna England says

Am I wrong to consider it as part of Preston Hollow, as Winnetka Heights is part of Oak Cliff? Help me out here!

2. mmJoanna England says

3. Uppercase Matt says

Though I know realtor listings keep expanding the PH "boundaries," I don't think anyone considers anything west of Midway to be Preston Hollow.

4. Uppercase Matt says

Hi guys, I was out of town dealing with a death in the family and so much family drama I foresee a slot on the Jerry Springer Show. Thank you Jo for a great house! No, this is not Preston Hollow. It is Sparkman, way west of Preston Hollow and northwest of Bluffview and Midway Hollow. What's happening with Preston Hollow is that it is so popular, people are spreading it around, just as they have Lakewood. Old Preston Hollow has specific boundaries that do not include many of the new 6500 square foot mansions east of Preston that call themselves Preston Hollow.

7. Lisa says

we were on Camelot, had to have the whole foundation piered up. Our friends are on Lancelot and are tearing down their house and rebuilding, the foundation is so bad. Door that won't shut, very UNhairlike cracks in the walls, huge cracks in the floor, etc. We are over in Midway Hollow now, and built on rock. Not a sliver of movement. Lots of tear downs in our neighborhood, too. The larger houses get rehabbed, the smaller houses bite the dust.

8. Lisa says