I’m going to be honest here: Dallas isn’t exactly winning in the luxury lease market. We have a few, a handful, of higher-end lease apartments that, no matter how sparkly the quartzite is in the kitchen, still scream “apartment living.”
Things like small closets, boring ceilings, metal return ducts, miniature laundry facilities (with a shelf above the washer and dryer, so you can see all your crud every time you do laundry which, dear planners, is every single dang day), and mediocre bathrooms that provide water and flush, but are oh so basic.
Enter the McKenzie: The McKenzie was designed with the belief that if you build with continuity and future development in mind, quality follows. Rooted in the mindset of a master craftsman, StreetLights’ highly skilled team paid careful attention to detail from exterior architecture to interiors, providing top-tier design elements, amenities and services. The McKenzie provides a sophisticated sense of place offering smart design, unique apartment home features and amenities that enhance residents’ lives. Let me tease with a few: private living room with full catering kitchen; pet park and spa; third floor Founder’s Room, like a Concierge room and floor in addition to the robust first floor common areas, secret garden oasis where you can plant should you desire to garden, and on-site bike storage with a repair and bike wash station.
And that is the truth. The apartments have rich moldings, coffered cove ceilings, Wolf red-knobbed ranges, stainless steel higher end appliances, bars and wine coolers in every unit, Kohler nozzle spray faucets, deep stainless steel sinks, soft-closing custom cabinets and drawers, SHUBS: huge tiled showers that include the bathtubs, sort of like a wet room… very impressive, huge master closets with built in drawers (no kidding!) adjustable shelves and great light.
The McKenzie is having an open house tonight, 5:30 to 7:30 pm at 3140 Harvard Avenue so you can check out all the amenities for yourself… stay tuned, you will be seeing and hearing way more about The McKenzie here very soon. In fact, I just may move there…
- Concierge and Valet (included in the rent!)
- Elevated Resort-Style Pool Deck with Cabanas, Private Dining, Grills & Fire Pit
- Private Boardroom & Study
- Secret Garden Oasis & Room for Gathering and Hosting Private Events
- The Library- A Private Living Room with Full Catering Kitchen
- Founders Room for Socializing and Hosting Parties, located on the third floor
- Resident Club Room
- Luxurious Pet Park and Pet Spa… yep a pet spa.
- Outdoor Space for Yoga and Fitness Classes
- Boutique Fitness Center
- Controlled Access Gated Parking with Security Cameras
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- On-Site Bike Storage, Repair and Bike Wash Station
- Private Garages Available
- On-Site Storage Rooms Available