Are you one of the thousands of Dallas home buyers scrambling to find the perfect lot to build your dream home? Despite the frantic land grab sweeping North Texas, there are still several area neighborhoods offering prime lots to build and buy, but where are they?
We went straight to the source – Tony Visconti, a third-generation homebuilder, and owner/president of Bella Custom Homes – for expert advice on finding the right lot.
“Right now, with all the growth in the Metroplex there are several hot areas. Preston Hollow is one of my favorites, along with Frisco, McKinney, Southlake, and Flower Mound,” says Visconti, builder of 4926 Deloache fame.
Well-known for their high attention to detail and client-focused approach, Bella Custom Homes is the go-to builder for the Dallas elite, satisfying even the most discerning buyer with an unbeatable formula for new builds.
“We pay great attention to the client’s needs. The location is the number one driving factor, then we take into account the size, price point, and topography that they want,” he says.
What makes one lot stand out from the rest? Visconti shares his top five tips for finding the right lot.
- Consult with your builder before buying a lot. The client might think it’s a good lot, but there are many factors that they don’t take into account. Always get your builder to help you. We offer to help all of our clients select their lots.
- Location, location, location. This is probably the most important. Whether it’s the commute to work, school district, topography, or resale value that are important to you, it must all be considered.
- Don’t forget the lot preparation costs. Some clients forget that there will be lot improvement costs associated with many lots, especially those with topography. But, those can be some of the most beautiful ones too.
- Take into consideration the soil conditions. The type of soil can also add to your foundation and/or lot prep costs as well.
- In areas like Preston Hollow, you must take into consideration “brand name streets.” The same size lot on a different street, will have a different value.
People turn to Visconti because he is hands-on, earning clients’ trust by carefully speculating and bidding the project, and being present at meetings with their licensed architects, as well as their subcontractors on site.
“We have a very transparent process,” says Visconti. “All of our clients get a very detailed set of specifications, this way they know everything going into their home. The specs are over 60 pages of details on everything, from room finish schedules to allowances. Some builders’ specifications we have seen are as little as three pages long. This leaves a lot of confusion for the clients, since they can’t possibly know what is included in their home.”
Visconti opened Bella Custom Homes in 1993 and has since earned a reputation for crafting classic, timeless, and architecturally significant homes at a wide range of price points, up to $1,000 a square foot.
Despite his stellar background and undeniable talent, Visconti has another ace up his sleeve – a superior team of professionals that includes Vice President and Licensed Interior Designer, Stacy Brotemarkle, and a host of highly qualified subcontractors, most of which have worked with Bella Custom Homes for 15 to 25 years.
“Whether it is a $1.5 million home, or a $14.5 million home, the same craftsmen work on all of our projects,” says Visconti.
Something to make your ears perk up – this premier builder offers ‘fixed price’ contracts. “This locks in the price,” he explains. “the buyer knows going into the project, how much the home will cost. The alternative is a ‘cost plus’ contract, which has the potential to be far more risky for the client.”
Bella Custom Homes has several great 1-acre lots available in Frisco’s Starwood community and The Hills of Kingswood in addition to two spec homes – 6923 Ranier in Frisco and 4926 Deloache in Preston Hollow.
Tony Visconti is a Graduate Master Builder (GMB) and active member of the Dallas Builders Association. Renowned for his architectural authenticity, Tony has set himself apart for quality construction and exceptional attention to detail in creating homes of distinction for over 25 years. For more information visit www.bellacustomhomes.com or call Tony at 972-250-0898.