North Oak Cliff is one of the most sought-after areas in the DFW housing market, which makes it hotter than a fur coat in July. Houses regularly go under contract in a matter of days, and prices have increased substantially over the past five years in many of its neighborhoods.
The list of reasons to love North Oak Cliff could be its own blog post, but here are a select few:
- The huge array of houses, in a variety of architectural styles
- Unusual topography—actual hills!—and mature trees
- The kind of neighborhoods where people know the names of the kids two doors down, like Ravinia Heights, West Kessler, and Winnekta Heights
- Walkable neighborhoods, like Bishop Arts and Trinity Groves
- An abundance of older homes with character, stories, and distinct looks
- Proximity to downtown Dallas, Uptown, and other central areas of the city
- The sense of it being an “up-and-coming” area of Dallas, with charisma and energy
Because so many people have realized the charms of the area, finding a property for under $200K can be a challenge. But there are still neighborhoods in North Oak Cliff where’s that’s possible. Sunset Hill is one of them, where the 2-1 at 2752 Catherine St. is located, near Hampton and 12th Street.
This North Oak Cliff Tudor is 1,263 square feet, updated with a new kitchen, but still retaining wonderful vintage charm, like arched doorways and original light fixtures flanking the fireplace. It is newly listed by Matt Watson with Dallasy.com, LLC for $175,000.