Talk about delicious real estate! The 2013 Gingerbread Stroll at Highland Park Village plans to top years past with eye-popping confections from the regions most acclaimed chefs.
This annual event is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth who wants to support a fantastic cause. From now until Nov. 30, you can tour 13 of the most posh shops and boutiques in the Park Cities and bid on these incredible decorated gingerbread houses.
Founded by Dallas Realtor and all-around charitable virtuoso Christine McKenny, this event is a tasty way to bring together the community while raising funds for local childrens charities. Last year, the stroll raised $8,000 for Community Partners of Dallas, and this year’s beneficiary is Wipe Out Kids Cancer, a non-profit dedicated to eradicating pediatric cancer by funding research.
“The Gingerbread Stroll has become a wonderful tradition during the most wonderful time of the year,” McKenny said. “People of all ages gather with their family and friends to attend, and it’s always fun to see how the chefs express themselves creatively. Everyone loves a gingerbread house!”
Gingerbread Stroll attendees can enter to win prizes such as a holiday carriage ride through the Park Cities, an overnight stay at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek or the Ritz-Carlton. You can buy gingerbread cookies from Celebrity Bakery, too, of which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Community Partners of Dallas.
The talented pastry chefs participating in this year’s stroll include:
• Celebrity Café & Bakery | Decorator Jamie Eckert
• Fine Arts Concepts | Joy Lynn
• Four Seasons Resort and Club, Cafe on the Green | Pastry Chef Randy Gehman & Hayoung Lesser
• Hilton Anatole | Pastry Sous Chef Kristina Kent
• Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion | Pastry Chef Saju Meppidayil & Executive Chef Hermann Hiemeyer
• Omni Dallas Hotel | Pastry Chef Kristina Kent
• Remington College Pastry Arts Program | Chef Jeff Johnston & Students
• Rosewood Crescent Hotel | Pastry Chef Carly Fields
• Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek | Pastry Chef Nicolas Blouin
• Royal Oaks Country Club | Executive Chef Wade Burch CEC
• The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas | Pastry Chef Corey Thomson
• Tom Thumb | Gingerbread House Creator Sherry Barnard
Merchants opening their shops for the stroll include: Beretta Gallery, Carolina Herrera, Celebrity Café & Bakery, Cole Haan, Deno’s of Highland Park, ESCADA, Kiehl’s Since 1851, Lela Rose, Robert Talbott Carmel, SCOOP NYC, Trina Turk, Tom Thumb, Village Barber Shop, Village Kitchen and TOKO V.
Go stroll and bid today!