tarrant county clock tower

Join the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Fort Worth chapter tonight as they tour the historic and recently renovated Tarrant County Courthouse clock tower.

The event is free for AIA members, $25 for nonmembers, and begins at 6 p.m. at 100 East Weatherford St., Fort Worth. The clock tower is part of the Tarrant County Courthouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built from 1893-1895 and designed by the architecture firm of Frederick C. Gunn & Louis Curtiss.

This pink Texas granite building, in Renaissance Revival style, recently had a $4.5-million, 14-month renovation, completed in 2012. Local officials rededicated the structure at that time, which closely resembles the Texas State Capitol, except for the clock tower.

Click here to register for the event. Evening parking in the county garage on Calhoun at East Weatherford Street is free. Entry is from East Weatherford going south.